About Me

My photo
I am a magazine, public relations, and sociology major at Drake University who is ALWAYS on the go...and I LOVE it!! This blog is a digital record of my evolving writing skills throughout college. To view my dating/relationship blog visit hsmason.wordpress.com.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wednesday Writing Challenge: Music Reviews


Ke$ha

Ke$ha is the epitome of a foul-mouthed party girl that can’t get it together. She wears clothes made of trash bags, gothic proportions of eyeliner and glitter in places it just shouldn’t be. She has all the makings of a star people would love to criticize, but the crowds can’t get enough of her. Everyone loves a hot mess after all.

It’s because she owns up to everything. Ke$ha is Ke$ha and she doesn’t give a f*ck what anyone thinks. With lyrics like “I wanna be naked ‘cause you’re wasted” and “got a water bottle full of whiskey in my handbag,” the singer vocalizes what straight-laced girls wish they could be when they let their hair down. Yes, the album lacks any and all musical quality. And yes certain songs like “Dinosaur” deserve an immediate hit of the skip button (think Gwen Stefani’s spelling of ‘bananas). But sometimes a girl just wants to dance to a good beat and ridiculous lyrics. Here’s hoping her second album is just as much of a lovable disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment