About Me

My photo
I am a magazine, public relations, and sociology major at Drake University who is ALWAYS on the go...and I LOVE it!! This blog is a digital record of my evolving writing skills throughout college. To view my dating/relationship blog visit hsmason.wordpress.com.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sunshine


As soon as it gets the least bit warm, college lawns become a sea of blankets covered in girls in shorts, trying to capture a tan between classes. Boys are all of a sudden avid frisbee players, and Starbucks coffees become iced anything.

It's a cliche, yes, but one I am most definitely okay with. (I say this while sitting on a blanket, in a summer dress, iced tea in hand. And yes, that big football player behind me just apologized for hitting me in the back with a frisbee.)

There's something about this sun that is making me walk around with a silly smile on my face. Forget that I have 10 papers due before finals. Forget about the boy that does me no good , and I know it. Forget that I will be up until two in morning, and not in the fun, dancing with friends to Journey kind of way.

I guess that's a good thing, because if I actually stopped to think about all the work I have to squeeze in (in between Drake Relays!!!) like I did last night, I would probably have a heart attack. Orrrrrr cry all over some poor, unsuspecting guy about how I could really use my parents right now, as the case may have been.

And I will take blissful small talk in the sun, over a five-page paper on Drake Interfaith Dialogue anyday.


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write, its so refreshing! Write more sista :)

    ReplyDelete